We have a small gift shop situated with the office in the stable block. We sell a selection of carefully chosen items, mostly locally sourced from some of our wonderful Yorkshire entrepreneurs.
We proudly stock:
- The Harrogate Candle Company
Fiona and Deborah handmake and package their products themselves in Harrogate. They use a blend of pure essential oils to conjure up some wonderful fragrances for their range of diffusers and candles. The candles are made from a blend of natural soy wax. We use their diffusers in your rooms, and hope that you enjoy them.
- Bronte by Moon
One of the few vertical mills left in the country, they do everything in house from their mill in Guiseley, Leeds. We love the quality of their wool throws and cushions, some of which make up the soft furnishings in your room.
- Roseberry Cottage Preserves
Sara makes small regular batches of jams and other preserves mostly using the fruit grown in the Roseberry Cottage kitchen garden. These are the preserves you are served at breakfast.
- Susie Watson Designs
Out of the county we know, but so many people love the Susie Watson range we use to serve your breakfast, we just had to stock it.
- Terrace and barbecues:
Guests have their own private terrace, complete with table and chairs. You are also able to make use of the firepit and should you wish this can be used to barbecue.
We can supply all that you need if you would like to use the firepit. Including wood, charcoal, grill, steaks, our homegrown potatoes and salad (subject to availability). Please let us know in the morning if you would like to be provided with your own barbecue pack for the evening.
Places to eat
We are very fortunate to have a good variety of places to eat from Michelin star establishments to country pubs to cosmopolitan eateries in various villages, towns and cities nearby. We have compiled a list of some of our favourites, but there are plenty more!
Pubs within a 15 minute drive:
Pubs within a 30 minute drive:
- The Yorke Arms at Ramsgill (25-30 minute drive). Wonderful place, Frances Atkins is one of only six female chefs to have achieved a Michelin Star, which she has held since 2003.
- The Star at Harome (an hour’s drive, through spectacular countryside). Fabulous food in a good pub atmosphere. They also have a restaurant.
- The Box Tree in Ilkley (30-40 minute drive). Not tried it ourselves, but has a good reputation.
- Betty’s, Harrogate, Harlow Carr, Ilkley, North Allterton and York. We can’t not mention Betty’s and no trip to Yorkshire should be without a visit to Betty’s. To call it a tea room is an understatement, they do a full menu and are licensed. The cakes are just not to be missed.
- Harrogate, Leeds, York and everywhere in-between all have a wealth of different places to try, far too many to list here, but we are always on hand to advise you should you need any help choosing where to go.